Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cooking with Hockey Boy

So I just had one of those moments that reminded me why I love being a mom.  It was the end of the day and I have all three boys fed, bathed and in their pjs.  I had turned on a video for them which the younger two immediately became glued to.  But not my oldest, who I will call Hockey Boy. He came over to me as I was cleaning the kitchen and asked if we could make something from the cookbook we got from the library.  He looked through the book and found a recipe for S'more Nachos.  Now you need to know that Hockey Boy is a very picky eater.  But today, he not only tried 5 whole bites of plain pasta but he wanted to try a new recipe.  So of course I said yes.  So I then got to spend about 10 minutes with just Hockey Boy.  We got our ingredients.  He read the recipe to me.  I love hearing him read!  We put the treat together.  And then we got two of the small chairs and sat in front of the oven watching them cook.  I just looked over at his precious face and was filled with love and joy.  I am so glad he still lets me give him kisses (even in public) but know that will end soon.  So I am going to try to enjoy these sweet moments before he realizes he is really a big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment