Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Regression

One of my boys has decided that burping loudly, a lot, is huge fun. Another is crying all the time for no reason I can figure out. And to not be out done, the third has started peeing on the floor. He makes it too the bathroom but does not seem to have enough time to actually get on the toilet. All three have also started taking turns with the middle of the night wake up calls. Apparently I am living in a house full of newborn babies.

Turns out they are not the only ones trying to hold on to their youth. I was looking through my workout playlist and it seems I need angry tunes to get me moving on the treadmill. Nothing like American Idiot by Green Day or Pink's Stupid Girl to get my heart rate going. I am thinking this particular playlist would either shock or amuse my friends. Yesterday I was using the weights singing along (in my head) to Kanye West when I spied my pastor across the room. I am thinking he was not listening to Jesus Walks (which is a song by Kanye) too.

I am so responsible most of the time. But every once in a while I just want to enjoy a few minutes of who I was before kids, before I had to be the grownup.

At least I'm not peeing on the floor.

See another regression, justifying my behavior when a) I don't need to and b) by pointing to the extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment