Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yes??? And yet...

I want to say yes. I really do. I am passionate about the project. I have definite ideas. It seems like the perfect fit and yet....

And yet I hear a small voice in my head saying no.

I try again. I push a little harder to make it happen. I convince myself that I have to be involved. I have to help lead and make sure things are done "right" and yet....

There's that voice again, a little louder this time saying no.

I try again. I hear yes in so many things around me. So many of my conversations are saying yes. So many of my thoughts are saying yes. So many things are pointing to yes.

I say yes and yet....

The voice grows louder. "Get out" I hear clearly in my head. The same words my husband says to me later that night. "Get out" and yet...

No more and yets. No more trying to make it work. It is not working no matter how much it seems like the perfect fit, no matter how much I want it to work, no matter how important I think it is.

It is so hard to walk away but somewhere deep inside I know I should. I want to fix it even if I can't be participate. I want to find my replacement, talk it through, polish it up before I walk away. But the voice says, "get out" not "wrap it up." I need to let it go, let it be God's work not mine. I need to stay focused on my place and my work.

Meaningful distractions are still distractions. They still pull me away from the work I am supposed to be doing. The work God made me to do.

I don't want to get distracted by the good. I don't want to miss out on the work God has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment