This week, as I started composing my list in my mind, I was struck by how dissonant my list looks on paper.
- Women coming together to study God's word
- The first sip of Starbucks
- Watching Little One celebrate a goal
- Dropping Little One off at school
- A new episode of Bethenny Ever After on my DVR
- prayer requests shared
- lying in bed with a good book
- a good laugh with friends
- clean sheets
- warm laundry
- date night starting with an adult creamsicle drink
- lunch with the Gilmore Girls
When I read my list, I am not sure this is what Ann had in mind. I have peeked through some of the lists other's have shared. Their lists look so peaceful. Full of nature and love. God and family. I often catch myself editing my list in my head before I even write it down.
Is this worthy of the list?
Is my list holy enough?
Am I shallow?
I know I am not a shallow person by nature. But I have shallow moments.
I also know that I am not a holy person. But I have holy moments.
And I am thankful for both.