Saturday, May 14, 2011

Convincing My Heart

A few weeks ago we found out that we were back at square one of finding a place to live in the Bay Area.

I thought I had already dealt with this fear and insecurity about our future. I thought I trusted God. And yet...

It is always and yet.

And yet, I felt fear and worry creeping in. I felt sadness. A cloud hung over my day.

The thing is my head knows that God is in control. My head knows that God has always provided. My head knows that things will work out. My head knows.

But some days my heart just doesn't get it. My heart aches no matter what my head tells it.

I pray and I try to convince my heart.

And then time passes. My heart aches a little less. Streaks of sun glimmer between the clouds.

My heart remembers.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment