Monday, June 13, 2011

Writing It Down

I missed last week's Multitudes on Monday. I missed joining the community at www.aholyexperience.com.

I was still counting my blessings, listing my one thousand gifts but all in my head. I did not write them all down. And while I experienced the immediate joy in the listing, I have forgotten a few of the gifts already. I have lost a few along the way of life. That is sad. It is sad both how quickly I forget the gifts in my days and how willing I am to skip part of the process. Life is in the process, it is in the journey and if you don't write down the road markers you often get lost. I think that is what happens when I skip writing. I get lost. So here are a few of the things on my list of gifts:

  • Sunny day on the patio looking out over the countryside
  • The warmth of the sun
  • A circle of friends
  • Laughter
  • Communion as a body of believers
  • The iBook app so I can start reading NOW
  • Amazingly patient and loving preschool teachers
  • Graduations
  • Red Velvet Cake
  • Knowing you are done
  • House showings - hope
  • Doctor's offices willing to make it work on short notice
  • Trampolines and tired out kids
  • Good potato salad
  • Saturday evening barbecues, water squirters and a pack of kids running in the grass
I really do believe that living in a place of gratitude does bring more joy to my life. It focuses me on the good, good things that happen every day in my life. I really should add Ann Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts" to my list every week. Because I love it so. Not only because it is such a great book, but it is a great book to give away. It has made end of the year gifts both more personal and easier this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment