Saturday, June 25, 2011

On Our Way

The moving truck drove up yesterday ready to load all our furniture and boxes into its massive belly. The move is underway. We will be living in hotels until our stuff arrives, hopefully on Tuesday. That amounts to a lot of family time. :)

So much family time that as I was attempting to write about something that happened yesterday, I had to stop and go out to the car again because the stuffed animals' bag was in the van. My boys are really attached to their stuffed animals, each has at least two that must travel with them at all times. And they have all seen Toy Story 1, 2 and 3 too many times to leave these special lovies in the van all night. One of the stuffed animals is missing since the last hotel. I was gone when the boys packed up so I don't know if it was left behind or in the van. We have a call into the hotel from last night and will also tear the van apart tomorrow to try to find it. Thankfully the lost Orangey belongs to the Middle Man who is the least attached to his stuffed animals.

Once everyone had their stuffed orcas, snowmen, and other fluffy creatures, we had to rearrange sleeping positions because "he's touching me" was said one too many times. My husband and I now have to sit quietly in our bed hoping the kids will go to sleep soon so we can maybe watch a little tv. I would read except my iPad is being charged right now because it ran out of batteries while someone, not me, was playing NHL hockey on it. I could read it while it is charging except the plug is not close enough to the bed.

So I guess all that to say that I think any blog post involving coherent thoughts and organized ideas may have to wait until after we are in our house.

1 comment:

  1. Blessings on you and your sweet family during this transition!!! Much love, Steph

    ReplyDelete