Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"I Need a Silent Night"

I love Amy Grant's Christmas albums so this year I checked iTunes to see if she had anything new.  Now this song probably is not actually new, just new to me but I loved it and wanted to share some of the lyrics.   

"I need a silent night, a holy night
To hear an angel voice through the chaos and noise
I need a midnight clear, a little peace right here
To end this crazy day with a silent night

December comes then disappears
Faster and faster every year
Did my own mother keep this pace 
Or was the world a different place?

Where people stayed home wishing for snow
Watching three channels on their tv
Look at us now rushing around
Trying to buy Christmas peace"
Written by Chris Eaton and Amy Grant

We have tried to keep Christmas simple this year and are enjoying a quiet Christmas Eve without rushing around with last minute things.  So glad we did...


No comments:

Post a Comment