Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Patience?

I had always thought of myself as a patient person.  I did not mind waiting in lines, at stop lights or taking turns.  I was not a yeller or quick to anger.  
And then I had kids.  Specifically three kids.  Not sure if it is the number or the fact that the older ones are at unique stages of development that really irk me at times.  Seriously how long do I have to humor my 4.5 year olds desire to be Yoshi and talk with that whiny voice of his?  I want to encourage his imagination and let him be who he wants to be, but that voice is seriously like nails on a chalkboard at this point.  The Little One is still hitting me and thinking it is very funny when I tell him that it is not okay to hit.  And Hockey Boy is constantly obsessed with fairness and telling me how I never let him or I always or something.  All while ignoring what that I just told him to put his shoes on and get in the car.  
I am losing whatever patience I had.  I feel like I was born with a tank of patience and I am going on fumes that often results in blips of me shouting for everyone to just stop.  Not moments of greatness on my part.  
I guess I believed that I could just be patient.  I am finding that is no longer true.  What I need to remember is that God is the fountain of all patience and can fill my tanks if I let him.  If I can figure out how to do that, especially before I lose it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment