Sunday, December 28, 2008

Post Christmas Blues

Anyone else feeling the post Christmas blues?  It started when I ordered my usual Starbucks Eggnog latte two days after Christmas and they were already done with eggnog for the year.  That sort of crushed me because I was still very much in the Christmas spirit.  Tonight I went to buy some more of those delicious Mint M & Ms that come out I guess only at Christmas time.  And my grocery store which had hooked me and got me addicted to begin with was out.  I was so desperate I tried two other stores.  All out.  And it is only December 28th.  Oh and in their place were Valentine pink and red M & Ms.  Really people.  Already.
I always hear people complain about the Christmas displays, music and merchandise starting earlier and earlier each year.  I personally love it.  I sort of think of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years as one big holiday season full of Christmas music, eggnog lattes, twinkling lights and all the sugar cookies you can eat.  But this year I am terribly annoyed that the stores and eateries that get us all hooked on Christmas earlier and earlier each year are now cutting us off earlier and earlier.  I still have a full week of kids home on Christmas break but according to the stores I should be gearing up for Valentines Day.  Not gonna happen. 
Tonight I made more sugar cookie dough and tomorrow I am pulling out more Christmas movies to watch while I make trees, snowmen, star and gingerbread men cookies.  I am off to drink some eggnog!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete